Pink Trash Travels


I'm Tickled


Even though we don't know what Chris will be doing come next fall, I've decided to launch an investigative job search. In short, if there's something that interests me, I'm on it. Which is difficult considering there are few jobs that tickle my fancy.

Last week, I stumbled across a posting on Craigslist for an Associate Producer at Chicago's WCIU - specifically working on a children's education program. Since I was originally slated to move into production (before an alternate path directed me into marketing), it's always been something I wanted to revisit. And with my interest in children's writing, coupled with my experience in kids advertising), it looks like a perfect fit.

Now comes the hard part. How will I get their attention? And once I have it, will they see my age as a deterrent?

So today, I've been writing not only the cover letter to accompany my electronic resume, but also a commercial script that highlights my creativity and promotes the rationale behind my quest. In short, it's a :30 second spot titled "Boring." With it, I detail how we encourage children to explore creativity to enhance their mental growth, but as adults, we forget to do the same for ourselves.

Here's to hoping they find it intriguing. If not, there's always a mass email asking for your help (which will most likely happen anyway - no matter the outcome).