Pink Trash Travels


Awake on Easter

Don't you hate it when you can't sleep? It's 5:39 a.m. and I'm sitting here watching Tom and Jerry after spending the past two hours being entertained by Wonder Woman and Scooby Doo. I think my initial hunger woke me up, but now, after having a bowl of cereal, I'm just annoyed that I'm not getting some shut eye.

But, my restlessness did give me a chance to do some research for our trip to Mykonos and Santorini this summer. My job is to find transportation between the two islands. And apparently, the four of us (including Mark and Greg) have but a few air options as the maritime choices go away late in the season. So, we either fly a major carrier, like Star Alliance partner Agean Airlines, which takes about seven hours as we connect through Athens, or we opt for a local carrier and fly on a 19 seat plane with a flying time of just 30 minutes.

Sure, it's as though the question answers itself. But for someone who doesn't like to fly, that 30 minute flight could be scary. I've flown a puddle jumper before in St. Croix, but for some reason I think I've grown more anxious over the years. As a result, the Blue Sky Express option frightens me a bit. But for only $100 and five hours less traveling time than our other limited options, Blue Sky starts to seem bearable. I'll have to remember to pack the one remaining Xanax I have reserved for emergency purposes only. And that flight, with just 16 other passengers, seems like it will be an emergency (but not in a plane going down kind of way - you always have to clarify in case someone is listening!)