Pink Trash Travels


Becoming a Reality

Chris just booked my flight back home on December 19th. We depart Munich, bound for home, at 3:35 p.m., arriving Chicago at 6:30 p.m. From there, we'll head to Target to buy Dennis a new cat box for his stay at DPs, along with a stop at Chipotle for a burrito I've been craving for weeks.

How do I feel? I'm conflicted. I'm both excited and nervous. Our time in Europe has been such an adventure. And even though we're ready to move home, part of me will miss everything that's been available to us while living in Paris and Munich: the few friends we've made, our travels and daily new experiences. Not to say that we won't have many more adventures living in Chicago, they'll just be different.

And how odd is it that Peter, Paul and Mary's I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane just started playing on my 70s channel. "All my bags are packed and I'm ready to go." Now that's freaky.