Pink Trash Travels


The Best Friday Night EVER!

With our Parisian movie buddy Xavier in town, we decided to venture out to a flick Friday night in Evanston along with our friend Tim who lives in "Indiana." Chris, Xavier and I had spent the whole day running around town, so an evening show was just what our tired feet and backs ordered. Of course, we selected what could only be the worst movie of the season - G.I. Joe. And to top it off, we wandered around the corner to Chilis just after 10 as we were famished. It was one catastrophe after another.


For starters, I refer to G.I.Joe as this year's Mortal Kombat. Terrible acting. Terrible writing. Just plain terrible. The special effects didn't even salvage the movie. Even worse, Channing Tatum barely had his shirt off - maybe for 15 seconds. At least that would have made the film more interesting.

Two long hours later, we ended our night at Chilis with what could only be described as "stomach turning" food. Tim ordered a bowl of chili. When it arrived to our table, it looked as though someone in the kitchen opened a can of Hormel chili, blended it, and served the "dog food" hot with bright sour cream and multi-colored cheese. Needless to say, we sent it back.

The rest of us shared the new Chili's special - one appetizer, two entrees and one dessert for just $20. Ugh. My tummy is still trying to expel the queso dip with mysterious meat, steak quesadilla, chicken tacos and chocolate chip cookie pie.

But because of my new positive attitude mantra I adopted this past Monday, I look back on the evening with only the kindest sentiments. Bad entertainment. Good company. And sure, my review may be filled with unflattering descriptions, but I note they are only statements of fact and not bitterness creeping through. There is a difference.