Pink Trash Travels


The Housing Report: September 14, 2009

I rode my bike to the house today to check on the initiation of our landscape work. While there, I was sideswiped by a dilemma with the color of our hardwood floors. In short, the floors were lighter than expected. And if I wouldn't have stopped by the house, Peter's Flooring would have applied two coats of varnish - and it would have been too late (or just too expensive) to fix.

I requested the floors should be darker. I was told the color I saw is what I approved so it would cost money to change. I replied, "Show me the sample I approved. If it's the same, we'll pay. If not, then we know the answer." Unfortunately for them, the sample no longer exists. All of which means we shouldn't be expected to shell out any additional dollars for the work. Just because you tell me it's what I approved doesn't mean that's the truth.