Pink Trash Travels


Welcome 2 the Hood

I know our neighborhood has a "watch" program. But I didn't realize how responsive they would be until tonight. An hour ago, Chris and I heard a "bang" outdoors. So we lazily investigated from our front door (as it won't currently open due to the re-plating of the door hardware) only to see our neighbor running down the block screaming, "Is everyone okay?" Apparently there was an accident on the corner. Nobody was hurt. Instead, it appears someone was driving a car, smashed into three along the way, then ran from the scene. Seriously, I've never seen a neighborhood swarm faster to a crime scene. All of which makes me feel better about crime in our neck of the woods. If the residents are that tuned in to the sights and sounds of Lakewood, then I might not need an extra flood light after all.