Pink Trash Travels


April 11, 1990


My long lost friend Kathy sent me these photos this morning. What a pleasant surprise (and memory). I was a freshman at the University of Kansas, I lived in a dorm, and worked at The Buckle to pay for school, my car, and braces (of all things). The girls pictured became a second family to me as not only did I work with them, they exposed me to the Greek system and the many joys of drinking. I'll never forget them or the times we shared over 20 years ago.

As for Mitch, under the birthday banner, he was our boss at The Buckle. And at one time, we considered him a friend. But for some reason, he turned nasty. So, as a result, we all quit the midwest clothing store one week before the retailer relocated down the street in Lawrence. "Unity in numbers" we declared. Mitch was never seen again. But the gals and I continued our friendship for years to come.