Pink Trash Travels


Dance Monkeys!

The original dance monkey was born a few years back when I lived in Paris and was spinning for fun. I wasn't sure if it would ever see the light of day again considering I sold my DJ equipment when we returned to America. But with the Mac, anything is possible. So I'm happy to announce that Dance Monkey is reborn as Monkey Beats! Download it HERE.

What exactly does a monkey have to do with dancing you ask? The name came to light when my friends and I were dancing at Crobar in Miami during Winter Party 2006. My friend Dave and I decided to entertain ourselves by clapping feverishly while chanting to the gays, "Dance monkeys, dance!" A few years later, when I needed a name for my mix set, Dance Monkey seemed like an obvious choice. But you should never go back. As a result, Monkey Beats is born.

So I'm happy to share my first Monkey Beats with each and every one of you. You'll hear a wide mix of musical energies, vocal styles and thumping beats as I believe a DJ set should take you on a musical journey - starting here and ending there. Each track should lead into the next - making sense along the way. It's not about playing the same BPM for 60 minutes. Nor is it about throwing songs together hoping that they stick. Instead, it should be a seamless clubbing experience. With that said, you'll hear songs including:

Rihanna - Only Girl in the World (Bimbo Jones Club Mix)
Maroon 5 - Give A Little More (Roger Sanches Extended Mix)
George Michael - I Want Your Sex 2010 (Freemasons Club Mix)
Paradiso Girls - Who's My Bitch (Ralphi Rosario Club Mix)
Mariah Carey - I'm That Chick (Tony Moran and Warren Rigg Club Mix)
Ryan W - Untouchable (Razor N' Guido Mix)
Steven Lee and Granite - Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Rauhofer Mix)
Niamh - You're the One Wendel Kos Extended Mix)
Donati & Amato - Thrill Me (Donati & Amato Main Mix)
Dave Aude - Figure It Out (Ralphi Rosario Mix)

As this is my first mix using new software for the Mac, it will only get better as my skillset on the electronic turntables improve with time. But for now, I hope you enjoy the first Monkey Beats!

PS - As for DJ Lutty, I opted for a nickname from high school. Thanks Julie Norberg!