Pink Trash Travels


Sorry Nate

I'm sitting here being tortured by the Nate Berkus show on NBC. I flipped on the station as Ellen starts in a few minutes. But I'm cringing while trying work as the show, the host, the overall topics, are just mind numbing and uncomfortable (especially his closing smile that he splashes when saying goodbye). And apparently, I'm not the only one as the show has fallen to just a 1.0 rating - below Nancy Grace. Just reading comments found on the net summarize the issues with the show - which I would have assumed the producers should have caught before launching the show:

Hanna
10/19/2010 4:33 PM
THERE IS NO SAVING THE NATE BERKUS SHOW! Before these tv producers decide to make a talk show, do they ever bother to ask us what we want and HOW MUCH of it we want??? I am a GIGANTIC fan of Oprah BUT had she asked me about the idea of giving Nate Berkus his own talk show, I would have said, "girl, he is a designer, nothing else. A little bit of Nate goes a long way."


AffordableWords
10/19/2010 3:25 PM
I watched it twice and was just bored to tears.

Coors
10/18/2010 8:12 AM
I gave his show a chance, seems like a nice guy, but I thought the show was boring.

I'm not sure if there's any saving the show now, but it's possible. Pull in those who turned away, gleam insights, revamp the show (possibly shorten it to 30 minutes) and give Nate one more chance. He't talented and has advice to give. It just needs to be focused a bit more and less uncomfortable.