Pink Trash Travels


Understanding a Go Go

My friend Patrick pointed something out the other night - a tidbit I found very interesting. We were at a gay bar where Go Go boys were performing. As the men in underwear strutted around trying to collect tips after their show, my friend Patrick said, "Watch. They'll avoid us." I asked, "Why?" He replied with, "They don't approach good looking people."

He wasn't trying to toot his (or our) horn, but rather he was just making a smart observation. And sure enough, he was right. The go go boys approached almost everyone in the bar except for us. "Who knew!" I said. I suppose it's because they believe the less attractive patrons are more willing to shell out cash for a little fun. After all, why should the pretty ones pay for it when they should be able to get it for free?