Pink Trash Travels


Sweet 2013


I've talked about getting my real estate license for years. I remember when the eventual tenant of our flat in Munich mentioned (after showing her the unit), "You should do this for a living!" And it continued as we vacationed in Mykonos and I talked extensively to a friend in Dallas (over Greek Yogurt at breakfast) about selling real estate. But because of consulting jobs with the likes of McDonald's (and the pay that accompanied the gigs), I postponed my new career. All that changed in August when I decided to finally go after my real estate license.

I gave myself until the first of the year to complete my 90 hours of pre-license course work and to pass the State exam. So I can happily write that today achieved my goal - and only six days behind schedule! Sure, I sweated off five pounds in the steamy H & R block AMP testing center for three hours, but the end result makes the torture worth it.

And oddly enough, while celebrating at the gym with a late afternoon workout, I ran into one of the principals at a brokerage firm that approached me a few weeks back. Coincidence? Everything happens for a reason I say.

So tonight I celebrated with couch time, the Bachelor and a 1/2 of a cinnamon roll. And tomorrow, the search begins for a sponsoring broker and new life in the business world - doing what some say I was born to do.