Pink Trash Travels


Boo the Flu

Upon returning from Chicago, I thought jet lag was bringing me down. For almost a week, I had nausea accompanied by headaches. But after an explosive night on Wednesday, I realized it was either food poisoning from the California Rolls I consumed a few hours earlier or the flu. I've since deducted it has nothing to do with Sushi but rather a bug that's nestled in my internal organs.

So not only am I queasy, I'm now irritated beyond belief. I can't entertain our friend Joel who arrived on Thursday. Fortunately, he's self-sufficient. I can't work-out. I tried today for the first time in three days but couldn't make it past the lockers. I'm starving which makes me nauseous yet I can't eat anything substantial or it makes my stomach turn. In short, being sick sucks.

And as I sit here and complain about not being 100%, it makes me wonder what I'll do when I old age starts settling in and I everyday I wake-up with pains and aches that no medicine can cure. Will a bitter old man emerge - one that nibbles his upper lip as he shakes his fist in the air at young and fit hooligans taunting him from afar? Or, will I learn to slowly adjust my daily expectations to include some ups and mostly downs? Here's to looking at the glass half full.