Pink Trash Travels


Pink Opinion


When I went home to Chicago last week, I mentioned to Chris and a few others that it seemed a bit boring. Not in the sense of being surounded by my best friends - I would love to have them near me 24/7. But rather, the overall ambience was mundane. Today, while talking to Chris about our move to Munich, I realized why: when living abroad, new stimulus constantly bonks you over the head.

Everyday, you learn a new word, you see a new fixture, you experience a new activity. In contrast, back home, everything is familar. It's not as though we're running about on a daily basis bettering ourselves with visits to museums and cultural events. But again, just walking to the gym reading billboards provides us with brain food.

As someone who's lived here for 10 years said, "When you go back, find a hobby. You'll be bored to death." I now can relate to her comment. So when we do return to Chicago, I'm already contemplating my garden and koi pond - both should keep me busy.