Pink Trash Travels


Faulty Lasercomb


I'm a sucker for anything that promises to keep or regrow my hair. I consider it something like insurance. So when the Hairmax Lasercomb was FDA approved last fall, I decided to buy one. It ain't cheap. But beauty isn't inexpensive. And considering how important a full head of hair is to me, the Lasercomb is worth the price.

According to studies, it regrows hair by sending a low wattage laser into your scalp. Reports show new growth of up to 10% if not more. That means that per every centimeter, you could sprout 19 additional hairs. I like those numbers. Every bit helps.

But getting the comb wasn't easy. I had it shipped to NY where our friend J.C. from Paris brought it back to Europe on Monday (you don't ship anything of value from America to Paris because it gets stuck in customs and you pay crazy additional fees). And now that I have it, it doesn't work. Apparently the company says the power supply might be broken. And if that's not it, we'll have to figure out another way to get the comb to us. Again, it's the price I pay for beautiful hair.

I was so excited to spend 15 minutes tonight shooting lasers into my head while watching TV. Oh well. There's always tomorrow. No wait. There's always next week. No wait. At the rate I'm going, there's always next month.