Pink Trash Travels


Well Hello Mr. Pirate

It's been a while since I've written about any fun gym stories. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much in term of exciting news, events, or more importantly, hotties worth noting. Well, all that changed this weekend when someone new entered from stage right.

For now, I'll call him Mr. Pirate. Not for reasons some of you might expect, but rather because he's tall, with dark features, has salt and pepper short hair and a light goatee/thin beard along his jawline - somewhat reminiscent of Johnny Depp (though taller, more lean and muscular and without the heavy mascara). I first spotted him yesterday when I was on the elyptical machine and he walked by to go upstairs. Again we connected as he came back down a few minutes later, passing by one more time, glancing, then turning away, then just before passing out of sight, glancing back again to see if I was looking. Of course I was. That's when the game began.

I didn't expect to see him again. After all, I've seen a few others that have come and gone in the blink of an eye. Besides that, we don't usually go to the gym around 1:00 in the afternoon on the weekends. But today, because it's Easter Sunday, we took our time leaving the flat. And I'm glad we did. I had another encounter with Mr. Pirate.

I had just showered and relocated to the blow drying station with my bottles filled with shampoo, conditioner, body and face wash. I thought it would be easier than going back and forth between my locker and the hair dryers. About half way through my styling process, I happened to glance behind me. There was Mr. Pirate looking from across the locker room. Of course, I tried not to pay attention. It's a game afterall. I finished blow drying and walked to my locker - of course passing directly by Mr. Pirate. I glanced. He glanced. Fun for all.

Unfortunately, my locker is around the corner (though, Chris was luckier than I as he was stationed right across from Mr. Pirate). So I get dressed (leaving my shirt off as I know the assets that draw attention), and apply my eye cream and face moisturizer. I then finish dressing with applying hair product as the final touch. I take one glance in the mirror to ensure I'm manageable, then grab my bag and pass by Mr. Pirate once again - glancing a third time. He replies with another as well. But because he's almost ready to go upstairs and workout, I decide to give our chance encounter another opportunity to be fully realized (besides that, I had to go the bathroom - that's what two liters of green tea will do). So I drop my bag alongside the blow drying station and do my business knowing full well Mr. Pirate most likely will stop at the sink across from my bag for a chance to look busy as I exit the bathroom.

Sure enough, as I open the door, there is Mr. Pirate filling up a water bottle and pretending to be engaged in his music from his iPod. He glanced. I glanced. I then grab my bag, glance again but this time with a small smirk, then head out the door as he glances back.

I'm not sure if I'll see Mr. Pirate again. He might be in town for the holiday weekend or in Munich for a modeling gig - because he's quite modelesque. However, I'm not completely convinced that he's gay (you'd think with as much staring between us two there wouldn't be any doubt). But he could be one of those straighties that likes to stare at you to see if you're staring at him. But I'm hoping Mr. Pirate is family. It makes going to the gym that much more enjoyable - on so many levels.