Pink Trash Travels


Reason 4 Delay

You probably noticed a lack of postings today on PTT. I was inflight to Chicago - flying 10 hours. And since I don't like to leave emails, phone messages or any lingering communication before departing, I opted out of blogging early Tuesday. But now it's evening in Chicago, and I'm trying to stay awake, so what better way to keep the peepers open than to blog about my trip!

For starters, I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into business class on my United flight. My plane was outfitted with the new lay down beds and entertainment systems. So, not only did the upgrades allow me to sleep for a whole two hours, I played backgammon and watched three movies. It made the time fly by.

My neighbors were an odd bunch. To my right was a family of four from Denver who were so excited about all the features in business class that they could hardly sit still. Cute. Very cute. To my left was a gentleman who barely could control his enthusiasm when he finally connected his iPod to the enterainment system - allowing him to watch six episodes of The Sopranos. I tried to ignore him as much as possible - until I needed his pen of course.

Quite honestly, I can now say United's new business offering is now better than that featured on Lufthansa's aircrafts. With the beds laying down completely flat, it truly makes all the difference in the world. So, United, you may just get my dollars back.