Pink Trash Travels


Nothing a Burrito Can't Fix

I hopped down to Chicago's City Hall today as I was told I could collect our building permit before 4:30. Unfortunately, I stood watching the clock tick down to quitting time. And just as the clock struck half past four, my project manager apologized and told me to return tomorrow as he needed to recalculate our square footage and pending fee.

So not only did I waste $12 for parking, I now I have to return at 8:30 to hopefully, finally, pay over $1,300 for our building permit. Sure, it's just over 16 hours later. That's not what chaps my hide. It's the fact that I sat there watching our project manager play his control game - that and I was promised this permit "no later than Tuesday." Three days later (actually 8 weeks later), I'll hopefully have it in hand.

But because I was so upset (literally wanting to take a bat to our project manager's head), I came home and returned to the gym for workout number two. Not only did I need to release my aggressions, I knew I'd be eating an eight hundred calorie burrito afterwards.

Now that I've enjoyed the aluminum foil Mexican delight, I can honestly say I'm in a better place than I was before the incident at City Hall. Hopefully I won't need another burrito tomorrow around 9.