Pink Trash Travels


Poor Marketing


I've been a marketing professional for more than 16 years. With that noted, I'm not declaring that I'm a genius and know more than the marketing guy next door. But, I do know when a program isn't executed properly. So is the case with BSN and their ad for "N.O.-Xplode N-Tensity Technology."

From the ad in Men's Fitness this month, one would expect BSN is introducing a new product as they declare, "BSN Introduces the All-New..." The ad even directs you to a website for more information. Once there, however, you find no new product or nothing different than what currently exists. So, from a consumer's standpoint, I became annoyed by the fact that I wasted five minutes of my precious day to hunt down a product that apparently hasn't hit the shelves yet (or any website for that matter).

Myspace IconsListen up BSN. Before you release any information on a new product, make sure you have your ducks in a row. Otherwise, one of those little duckies might rome over to a competitor.