Pink Trash Travels


Speaking of Jobs

I'm all about finding a job in entertainment. But in the Windy City, those don't come around often. So of course, I got excited when I spotted Chicago job postings for The Nate Berkus Show. It seems as though this former acquaintance will be filming his new lifestyle program at Harpo.

Some of said I should contact Nate. But my thoughts are quite the opposite. I'm sure "friends" will be coming out of the woodwork to ask for everything and anything under the sun. So instead, I've applied for production jobs online - including a talent booker. And even though my experience doesn't quite match their "qualifications," my rich work history can still be applicable to the position's roles and responsibilities. I mean, read the posting below and tell me this doesn't sound like a job I should land:

• Research stories and show ideas
• Receive, evaluate and respond to pitches from outside sources
• Relentless and resourceful in the quest for stories and guests
• Demonstrates excellent pre-interviewing skills
• Staying current on local and national news stories and make calls when appropriate
• Initiate and establish strong relationships with subjects of ongoing news and feature stories
• Consistently demonstrates originality and creativity
• Demonstrates exceptional skills when approaching potential guests

Here's to hoping they think the same. If not, maybe I should pick up the phone and call Nate. "What's up Nate? It's been years but..."