Pink Trash Travels


Searching for Acceptance

Isn’t it funny how we’re never satisfied? It seems we always want more money, more time, and in my case, more muscles. But over the past month, I’ve been trying to accept my body for what is – lean and tidy. I may not weigh over 200 pounds as originally planned, but resting around 170 should be acceptable. Besides that, when I see what others do to get what they want, like a bigger physique, I realize sometimes you need to know when to call it quits and accept what your family tree has given you.

For example, it’s spring. And with the blooming of flowers also comes the explosion of injected testosterone at the gym. I’m all for getting the help you need to achieve your goals. But when the results of those intentions are a bit scary, and some overdose on what we call “the juice,” it’s sad to see them transform themselves into Frankenstein.

Take my latest motivation at the gym. When I first saw him, he was solid, handsome and perfect in many ways. Now that a few weeks have passed and the injectibles are starting to settle in, he’s becoming a bit ogre-like. Combine that with an overdose of tanning beds UV rays and a weight-line haircut, he’s beginning to lose his appeal. But interesting enough, he probably thinks he’s on the path to perfection – when he already had it.

So what makes us stop obsessing over what we don’t have and appreciate what we do? Is it constant reminders from those around you? Hopefully we don’t need to rely on fluffers for self-confidence. I suppose its life experiences that open our eyes. For me, my light bulb moment was when, after experimenting for 8 months, I looked in the mirror and noticed my efforts were tragically misguided – right to my midsection. I guess if I hadn’t gone through that process, I’d still be wishing for more instead of accepting who I am. Here’s to hoping Mr. Infatuation from the gym, and others, realize the same.