Pink Trash Travels


So Many Questions



After watching the movie Ray last night, I began wondering, “What’s my gift? And "Do we all have something special to offer the world?” Because after seeing how creative and musically gifted Ray Charles was, it made me question why I’m here and what I should be doing with my life.

The problem is I’ve been trying to answer these questions for years. I believe we all have some kind of purpose within the general framework of mankind. But how do you identify what yours should be – ensuring you don’t let it slip by without notice?

I’ve read books like The Seat of Your Soul. Oprah got me started on that one. It didn’t really help. It made me ponder a few things, but four years later, I’m still asking myself the same questions.

Chris tells me my purpose might be something small – like to motivate others. For example, when I was taking my personal fitness exam a few years back, I helped a fellow test taker through some personal discoveries of why he wanted to train others. And numerous times I’ve given advice to others on who, what, when, where, why and how they should move forward through this journey we call life. With all that being said, I feel as though my purpose is more grand in nature.

At times, I wish I didn’t care. So many people are happy with where they are and don’t consider anything different. They go to work. They come home. They go to bed. They get up the next day and start the process all over again. I’m sure my grandmother’s never questioned her purpose in life – it was to raise her family. That’s not enough for me. And considering I don’t have children, it’s a good thing I’m moving on to Plan B.

But what will help me to realize my potential? What will give me the insights I need to either continue down my path or quickly alter my course? Will fate deal me a hand or must I source my own full house? This might be why I never sleep.