Pink Trash Travels


Vomit Patrol

My job as “House Manager” is never done. Sure, I don’t have to clean that often with Alyse coming every Tuesday and Saturday. But lately, I’ve been on “vomit patrol.”

For some reason, both Maddie and Dennis have been regurgitating items for me to find. They leave everything from piles of undigested food to hairballs on carpets throughout the flat. In some cases, I catch them in mid-process – allowing me to move them to a safety zone that’s easy to clean. Even so, there’s nothing pleasant about holding down a cat as he projects hairballs across the room.

I’m not sure what will happen when I’m not around the house full-time. We’ll have to either confine them to rooms without expensive floor coverings or wrap everything in plastic. If anything, it’s made me reconsider expanding our family to include another puppy. Vomit is bad enough. I don’t even want to think about training again and having to clean up what comes out the other end when you’re not looking.