Pink Trash Travels


Damn Dirty Bag

Speaking of irritations, I  bought a new leather bag in Orlando to replace my free Gatorade gym bag.  Our friend Lisa thought I was crazy as NOBODY in America takes a leather bag to the gym and when I return, I'm sure odd glances will come my way.  "On the other hand," I stated to Lisa, "In Germany, and Paris, it's quite normal to see nice bags as few not only have traditional nylon bags but also people don't wear athletic shorts and t-shirts to the gym.  Instead, they wear everyday clothes."  So, it makes perfect sense why I need a new bag.  And when I return home I'm confident enough with my actions that it won't matter.  

Well, it turns out this nice leather bag leaves black marks on my clothes.  I've tried wiping the bag down numerous times.  No luck.  Just today, after cleaning up dog vomit (see post below), I tried again to remove the black causing oil substance.  I have a feeling it will take years for the bag to stop producing dirty marks.  Then again, I only have a few more months (again, unconfirmed) of lugging the bag around on my shoulder.  I'll soon be driving in my new car to the gym in Chicago where it will sit in the front seat until I walk a few feet to the locker room - of course as people stop and stare.