Pink Trash Travels


Talking 2 Closet Works

Today we received a referral thank you from Closet Works. However, the gift was tied to making another rather large purchase. So I decided to let Closet Works know our thoughts - specifically that I thought this unexpected and appreciated reward was a bit "silly."

Shortly after I pressed send, I received a note from the company's President (and his personal email) that reads,

"Dave,Thank you very much for your perspective on this. I've heard it once before and for the two negative comments on this there are probably many others who feel the same. I will make a change now and I really appreciate your input. My goal is to make sure our customers know how much we appreciate their business. Could I ask for your opinion as to what would be a better way to say thank you?"

Quite honestly, I was amazed at how quickly my note traveled from customer service to the President's desk. "This is customer service," I thought.

Of course, I offered suggestions on ways to make their referral programs better - providing three solutions that utilized a combination of more useful rewards. Whether or not they take my suggestions, I can say that their handling of the situation is one of the best we've experienced in regards to customer service.