Pink Trash Travels


It's a "Moo" or "Cluck" for Me

When eating, Chris has taught me I should try everything once. So last night I sampled fried cricket tacos.

I quickly swooped the taco in my mouth only to immediately return the popular Mexican delicacy to my plate. After a few deep breaths, I shoved the tortilla filled with crunchy insects back in my mouth and bit down with determination. At first, it was like eating those burnt pieces left in the bottom of french fry bins. Not bad. But then an odd after taste took over so I swallowed without delay. Unfortunately, a cricket leg remained lodged in my teeth which immediately ignited my gag reflex. I diverted the vomit catastrophe with a swig of purified water.

There's something to be said for being adventurous. But after last night, I'm ready to stick with protein selections that "moo" or "cluck." I'll save the rock dwelling appetizers for another day.