Pink Trash Travels


My Power to be Nauseous

It's taken five months for us to experience what most have you were able to enjoy last fall - the season premiere of Heroes. The number one new show in America finally made its way over to the UK and our satellite dish. It didn't disappoint. But that's not a suprise considering most of us at one time or another have daydreamed about having a superpower. I've thought about flying. I've speculated what it would be like to know if someone likes you - with a red glow for no and a green for yes. But tonight's two episodes made me wonder what my superpower would be today. As Chris pointed out, it's my power to be nauseous.

I'm nauseous in a car. I'm nauseous in a plane. I'm nauseous when I eat. I'm nauseous when I don't. In essence, I'm nauseous all the time. It obviously took years for my superpower to become full strength. Now that I turned 36, it's apparently kicking-in.

Know this, I will only use my superpower for good. I won't hurt people by making them slip and slide on the result of my nauseous behavior. I won't allow my budding talent to turn me nasty towards movie attendants. And finally, my ability to get queasy won't impact my judgement when buying groceries in the 100 degree Monoprix.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the Heroes on NBC and how their abilities compare to mine. So far, a few of their superpowers seem just as effective as my ability to make my tummy turn. Evil girl in the mirror? Let's just hope there's not a Sylar hiding in our foyer. That would definitely stir my senses.