Pink Trash Travels


Still Clueless

You'd think after living in Paris for almost two years I'd know when to kiss to say hello and when a handshake will do. I still make mistakes.

Like today, for example, when I said hello to a woman who works for our gym. She was walking with another man who works there as well. Because the weather is so nice, and I was in a good mood, I reached in, kissed her on both cheeks, then repeated with her male co-worker. I then did the same to another male trainer once we got inside. I may see the men everyday, but I don't think you're supposed to kiss men on both cheeks unless they're part of the "family." Otherwise, a firm handshake is all it takes.

So once I left, I begin to stress about my inappropriate hello. I'm hoping the men don't care (not only because I kissed them but that I might have implied they're gay). They're probably thinking, "That crazy American." At least we leave soon. But until then, I'll have to make sure I say hello from across the gym or in passing with my headphones on.