Pink Trash Travels


What a Day

It started this morning at 5 a.m. and is now just ending at midnight. Honestly, I'm tired of opening strongly taped boxes with my bare hands. But because we worked through the day, the majority of the flat is put together.

The most difficult part is finding where to put everything. Not only is the place a bit smaller than Paris, there's no storage except for our third bedroom we converted into a closet. I don't know what's with the Germans and their unwillingness to build closets (any closets), but it poses problems for Americans who want to hide such things as brooms and a vacuum cleaner.

Tomorrow we head to Ikea to find cheap light fixtures (as renters we're responsible for lighting). We're also hoping to purchase a few pieces of furniture to store towels, bathroom necessities, etc. It would be nice if we could find a plant or two.

We're staying at the Sofitel until Sunday - Maddie, Chris and I. Dennis remains behind wandering through the flat. Fortunately, Dennis calmed down today from his "freakish" behavior yesterday. But then again, if I was locked in a small, wet box for a nine hour drive, then forced to take a shower once I was released, I'd have been a bit distraught also. Good thing he's almost back to normal. Nothing is worse than a cat with a permanent "spaz" attack.