Pink Trash Travels


The 4th on the 3rd (and Beyond)

Many of you will be celebrating the 4th of July holiday on the 3rd - just like I did today in Munich. Mine, however, was void of anything flammable. The Consul General (Eric) here in Munich invited Chris and I to the Embassy to celebrate the birth of our country. Since Chris was out of town, I ventured to the affair alone.

So there I was, standing amongst the suits and ties eating a McDonald's cheeseburger (it wasn't b-b-q but close). The only two I knew were Eric and his parter Filippo. But oddly, that was ok. I didn't mind hanging to the side watching as Eric spoke in German about something I obviously couldn't understand. Instead, I looked around amazed at the opportunity I was having.

And to further celebrate the 4th, Chris and I depart for Lisbon, Portugal tomorrow. Because I couldn't be with everyone back home on the holiday, I said we needed to go somewhere fun. And since Lisbon looked amazing on the European MTV Music Awards last year, I thought, "Why not?"

Happy 4th of July everyone!