Pink Trash Travels


Sunday in Santorini

I don't like to make posts before I travel, so hopefully you'll be reading today's daily adventure in Santorini before I get on a plane tomorrow. That, or I suppose I could just make it short. Though, a brief blog entry doesn't erase my superstitions.

On day three, Sunday, we explored Oia - a quaint and picturesque village that lies on the very Northern tip of Santorini. It was beautiful and hot. We wandered through the town (where I bought a cotton scarf at Cut & Paste), then ventured down into the Bay of Ammoudi, located directly below Oia, where we had lunch at Dimitiri's "Ammoudi" Taverna. I enjoyed calamari, tomato fritters while I watched Chris de-bone a fish that was delivered to the table just minutes after it was caught and cooked to a crispy golden brown.

We then returned to the hotel, with a fish head wrapped in napkins (to feed our hotel cat), before meeting Mark and Greg in the capital of Fira for dinner. That was three hours ago. It's now 10:13 p.m. and we're all in for the night. I'm fighting a cold and the sun has made us all tired. So, we're all fine with going to bed early. And with that being noted, I say to you, "Nighty night!"