Pink Trash Travels


Karma On Board!

I don't enjoy flying. But when I do, I try to keep good karma coming my way. So last night when I ruffled the feathers of a fellow Red Carpet Club member, I began to worry. Would my slight nasty remarks made with a grin send my plane crashing into the Atlantic Ocean?

Before boarding, I stopped by the United lounge for a bathroom break and snack fix. Of course, I entered one of two lines where the gentleman in front of me was undertaking a 10-minute transaction. So, after watching numerous guests pass me by in line number two, I glanced at the receptionist. She responded with what I thought was a "come on over." As a result, I sidestepped my way into line two - ahead of an older man who wasn't amused.

He stated, "There are two lines." I replied, "I know" as I moved forward with handing my boarding pass to the receptionist. The old man continued to mumble such phrases as, "You could say excuse me next time." As I retrieved my ticket and walked away, I answered his disgust with "Have a nice flight sir." It wasn't a gritty reply. But it did have a bite.

I truly didn't mean to cut. I thought I was following orders. But instead of handling the situation with positive energy, I took a defensive stance and responded with a bit of attitude. My hunger may have been clouding my judgment. I thought about approaching the gentleman and apologizing (with McDonald's coupons as a peace offering). But for some unknown reason I let the moment go. Needless to say, I sat in the lounge wondering if my actions would come back to haunt me.

Fortunately, they didn't. Maybe it was because I shared my story with my next-door neighbors on the plane. Or, could it be those around me on flight 942 had excess karma to counterbalance my faux paux. Either way, I landed safe and sound in Paris. I wasn't able to watch one of my movie selections however. The sound was broke. So if that's karma's payback, I'll take it.