Pink Trash Travels


Weekend Wrap-up

We flew to Munich so I could visit our new home come June 1st. Let's just say the weekend was a bit rough with some arguments thrown in for good measure. After seeing the flat Chris selected a few weeks back, I agreed with him that it's nice. The problem I have is that the apartment is located in what I'd call a transitional neighborhood. Not transitional in the fact that crack houses line the street. It's just there's not much around in terms of cute restaurants and shops. They're coming, but not there yet. Fortunately, the train stop is only two minutes away so we can be in the middle of Munich within five minutes. That makes everything much more tolerable. And on top of that, we requested one wall in the flat to be painted a very light silver with a hint of blue to pick up the hues in our couch. What we got was a nauseating pastel blue backdrop. So, now we have to have it repainted due to someone's error. We once again returned to Leo's Sports Club - apparently the only gym in Munich with a free weight area bigger than a closet. It looks like this will be my home away from home. No other fitness club in Munich could come close to what they have to offer. And since everyone told me Leo's is the place to go (including models who get a discount for being pretty), the decision was pretty much made for me. I'll just have to get over the one open shower and embrace the German's ambivalence towards nudity. We met a friend of a friend at Leo's (the result of the gay distress signal we illuminated a few weeks back to make new friends in Munich). I was told he was a "party planner for the army." Turns out he runs the American Consulate in Munich. Talk about a crossing of wires. Even worse, I couldn't even tell you what a consulate was or what exactly they do. He did say, however, he's known to have thrown a "good party or two." We hope to join him and his partner Fillipe for dinner once we arrive in three weeks. I guess my blonde behavior didn't frighten him away.