Originally I created this blog to keep those back home informed of our adventures in Paris. Over the past year, it's morphed into something a bit more - filled with travel stories, pop tidbits and some general and random thoughts on anything and everything. In addition, its intentions are also to make you giggle, laugh and enjoy life from a Pink Trash perspective. But sometimes, I find it necessary to use this outlet to educate. So as the New Year begins and countless newbies and veterans pour into fitness centers around the world, please absorb and pay forward a few words of gym wisdom:
1) Rerack your weights: You use them. You put them away. If you're old enough to pay for a membership, you're old enough to clean up after yourself. We're not your mama.
2) Share the machines: Unless you rent the gym space, you have no business hogging the equipment. So don't get "bitchy" when asked to rotate.
3) Stop reading: In conjunction with #2 above, others most likely are waiting their turn. So save the newspaper for those private times in the comfort of your own bathroom.
4) Take your towel: Placing your sweat rag on a machine while you walk away for five minutes doesn't guarantee your place once you return. Machines aren't parking spaces.
5) Wash your gym clothes: Don't shove them in a locker and use them again, and again, and again. Simple fact: if you sweat, you smell. We don't expect the gym to smell like a cherry blossoms. But we also don't want sour clothes stinking up the joint.
6) Use deodorant: Again, simple fact: if you sweat, you smell. Deodrant controls the funk. Do your neighbor a favor and use it.
7) Use blowdryers accordingly: Blowdryers are for the hair on your head, not the hair on your butt or in your crotch. Use a towel to dry your private parts. I don't want pubes flying around me as I'm moisturizing my face.